openBIM combines architecture, planning, clients, design, production, billing and facility management. It allows data exchange, independent of the software. From the beginning of a construction project to its completion, all relevant data and models are collected and are available at any time. openBIM brings uniform standards for planning, construction and management. This means the people responsible for the project always have an overview: coordination with all expert planners is greatly accelerated. openBIM gives you greater efficiency and fewer errors throughout the entire process – from the competitive model to the as-built model.
The 5 biggest benefits of openBIM:
- Significantly reduced coordination efforts thanks to the shared BIM model and smart communication and collaboration functions
- Better adherence to deadlines thanks to better planning
- Greater clarity for everyone involved thanks to standardized workflows and templates
- Duplicate planning work (i.e. working models) becomes obsolete thanks to low-loss, platform-independent data exchange between teams
- Any collisions and modelling errors are reliably detected when the working models are merged