Along the Austrian section of the Tauern Highway, a unique project was created to protect local residents from ever-increasing traffic noise. Instead of an enclosure, the decision was made to use the Great Arch, a curved noise barrier developed by Leube Betonteile GmbH & Co KG.
Leube faced numerous challenges when designing the curved noise barrier:
- Can the curved shape be represented in the 3D model?
- How can the curved precast parts be modeled most efficiently?
- In what way can the structural requirements be met?
- What is the best way to map the dimensions of the individual components in Planbar?
- How can it be ensured that the perfect data is provided for production, including reinforcement?